Almost 6,000 conventionists will know the benefits of Arequipa in September
They will attend PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, a mining meeting to be held at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNSA) from September 18 to 22.
“Mining: Competitiveness and Sustainability” is the motto of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, one of the world’s most important mining meetings that gathers speakers from several countries who will lecture in seven academic and business meetings: Environmental, International, Legal and Tax, Logistic, Social, Technology and Innovation, and Mining Business Summit.
The organizers of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention to be held from September 18 to 22 at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNSA) in Arequipa, expects 5,900 conventionists who will participate in these meetings for dialogue and analysis of the main topics of the national and international mining agenda.
Besides the academic interest, this will be an ideal opportunity for conventionists to see what the region has to offer. The White City stands out not only for its mining development but also for its cultural and natural attractions, art, gastronomy, among others.
Arequipa has several touristic attractions such as the Viewpoint of Yanahuara, the town of Sabandía, Yura Thermal Baths, Sumbay Caves, and their volcanoes Misti, Pichi Pichi, Ampato, Chachani, Coropuna, Sabancaya and Hualca Hualca, as well as their canyons Cotahuasi and Colca.
The interest to attend PERUMIN 33 generates a growing lodging demand in Arequipa which also contributes with and promotes tourism in the region. To meet this need, the conventionists, besides using the great supply of hotels in the city, can use a modern mini-site created by the organization PERUMIN 33 to find houses for rent, apartments, hotels, motels, retreat houses, boutiques, among others.
- PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention has become one of the world’s most important mining events where the present situation of the Peruvian industry is analysed.
- Conventionists of PERUMIN 33 are those people registered for academic-business meetings to be held along 5 days in this mining event. However, the Mining Convention expects 68,000 participants in total, adding daily attendants to EXTEMIN fair.
- Arequipa historical centre was declared Cultural Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2000 because of its impressive buildings such as Basílica Catedral, built on ashlar stone, a volcanic rock from Misti, and Monasterio de Santa Catalina, among other architectural pieces.
Últimas NoticiasSuper User
- Disal: “Innovation is the foundation of the environmental products and services we offer”
- "Peru-Australia FTA will bring great opportunities for the mining industry in both countries”
- MEM: “We aim at creating suitable conditions to develop the mining sector”
- Milpo: “We will present our social and environmental management results at PERUMIN 33”
- Roque Benavides: “PERUMIN shows the decentralizing work of the mining industry”