IIMP organizes “School Mining Award” in the South of Peru.
Awards will be given at the closure session of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention in Arequipa.
In order to promote modern and efficient management of mining among students of the Peruvian South, the Peruvian Institute of Mining Engineers (IIMP), invites public and private schools of Arequipa to participate in the contest "School Mining Award”. Awards will be given at PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention.
The contest is intended for students in 4th or 5th grade of high school in the fifth top of their class at their corresponding schools. In order to participate, schools must submit a case study about mining in the South of the country until August 31 to IIMP in Lima (calle Los Canarios 155- Urb. San César II Etapa) or to e-mail
Winners will be announced on September 5 and awards will be given of September 22 at the closing session of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention which will be held at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín in Arequipa from September 18 to 22.
Winning institutions will be awarded computers, laptops, tablets, notebooks, sound systems, among others. Also, the three first places will be able to visit the Mining Technological Fair (EXTEMIN) on September 18.
The jury will be composed of a representative from the Ministry of Education, a director from IIMP and a representative of the mining sector from Arequipa region.
For further information about the contest “School Mining Award”, enter this link or contact Services for Members of IIMP or write at . (511) 313.4160 Ext.: 208 and 218
- Since 1943, IIMP has been an association that has the mission to contribute in the growth and spread of mining good practices in the country. In this sense and within the context of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, one of the most important mining events in the world, we will continue aiming at developing more knowledge and promotion of the sector.
Últimas NoticiasSuper User
- Disal: “Innovation is the foundation of the environmental products and services we offer”
- "Peru-Australia FTA will bring great opportunities for the mining industry in both countries”
- MEM: “We aim at creating suitable conditions to develop the mining sector”
- Milpo: “We will present our social and environmental management results at PERUMIN 33”
- Roque Benavides: “PERUMIN shows the decentralizing work of the mining industry”