PERUMIN 33 will award university research in mining law
Students and professionals can participate in academic contest until August 31st.
In order to promote top-class academic research, the Peruvian Institute of Mining Engineers (IIMP), organizer of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, summons to the Research Contest “Competitiveness and Sustainability; analysis and proposals of the legal framework to improve mining development opportunities in Peru”.
This contest is made as part of the Legal and Tax Meeting program of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, chaired by Dr. Julia Torreblanca, vice-president of Corporate Affairs for Minera Cerro Verde. The main objective is to present proposals to improve development of mining activities in the country as well as their effects in other areas of regional and local economies.
According to the organizers, the contestant can select one or more specific topics more related to his/her specialty. The topics include: normal procedure and acquisition of licenses, permits, previous consultation and/or citizens participation, tax framework, canon, mining social contribution, mining exploration and stability agreements.
The contest will be open to university students in the last two years of studies, graduated from law undergraduate programs and postgraduate alumni from universities in the country. Research works have to be unprecedented, not having participated in other contests nor published in physical or electronic means, or having any editorial commitment.
LDeadline for final work is August 31st and awards for the winners will be held at PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention in Arequipa on September 21. Awarded works or a summary prepared by the author will be published by journal MINERÍA of IIMP after completion of the mining megaevent. For further information on this contest, write at
- The Tax and Legal Meeting to be held in PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, will present keynote addresses on legal topics related to the mining sector. Their purpose is to provide specialized knowledge and explain the importance of generating competent legal and tax stability.
- PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, one of the most important mining events in the world, will take place from September 18 to 22 at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNSA) in Arequipa.
Últimas NoticiasSuper User
- Disal: “Innovation is the foundation of the environmental products and services we offer”
- "Peru-Australia FTA will bring great opportunities for the mining industry in both countries”
- MEM: “We aim at creating suitable conditions to develop the mining sector”
- Milpo: “We will present our social and environmental management results at PERUMIN 33”
- Roque Benavides: “PERUMIN shows the decentralizing work of the mining industry”