Book about Cerro de Pasco Corporation will be presented in PERUMIN 33
Photo: Sebastián Rodríguez
Publication edited by IIMP points out the influence of this mining company in Peruvian mining development and the country.
Almost 50 years after nationalization of Cerro de Pasco Corporation, the Peruvian Institute of Mining Engineers (IIMP) will present a book that points out the importance of the mining company, considered back then, as the largest mining investment in South America.
This publication has been written by renowned journalist Mario Sifuentes in coordination with Eng. Celso Sotomarino, and provides entertaining and undoubtful examples of the potential of private investment in the development of a country when supported on planning, research, continuous innovation, and education of professionals.
Cerro de Pasco Corporation was one of the companies that generated more jobs to more Peruvians and paid taxes during the XX century, out of the public sphere. This enabled our country to enter the industrial era. It was established in New York upon introduction of electricity, power generators and the telegraph that raised copper international demand at the beginning of the last century.
Most important entrepreneurs in mining, railroads, finances and steel and coal industries in the United States partnered to develop this mining project where they invested both in purchase and development of the mining corridor of Central Sierra between the sierra of Lima and Bombón plateau.
Since the start, Cerro de Pasco Corporation modelled the way to do mining and was a benchmark for a whole generation of Peruvian miners, geologists, and metallurgists. In other words, it changed the face of mining in Peru.
This book will be presented on September 19 in the Mining Business Summit of PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention, a space for dialogue where the main topics of the national and international mining agenda will be analysed focusing on competitiveness and sustainability of the mining industry in Peru, with the active participation of the main authorities, entrepreneurs, and experts in such topics.
- The Mining Business Summit is chaired by Eng. Luis Marchese, Country Manager of Anglo American Perú S.A.
- PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention will be held, for the second time in a row, at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín, Arequipa from September 18 to 22.
Últimas NoticiasSuper User
- Disal: “Innovation is the foundation of the environmental products and services we offer”
- "Peru-Australia FTA will bring great opportunities for the mining industry in both countries”
- MEM: “We aim at creating suitable conditions to develop the mining sector”
- Milpo: “We will present our social and environmental management results at PERUMIN 33”
- Roque Benavides: “PERUMIN shows the decentralizing work of the mining industry”