68,000 participants will attend PERUMIN 33rd Mining Convention in September
Mining megaevent will be held from September 18 to 22 at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNSA) in Arequipa.
The favourable trend of mining investments in the country for three months in a row, together with better prices of metals in the international market, reported by the Ministry of Energy and Mines (MEM) generate good expectations for this industry and attracts more participants to PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention to be held from September 18 to 22 at the campus of Universidad Nacional de San Agustín (UNSA), in Arequipa.
This good panorama for mining, especially regarding copper price, secures Peru in the best position for mining investment in Latin America. Therefore, PERUMIN 33, one of the most important mining meetings in the world is expecting almost 68,000 participants, out of which 6,000 are conventionists.
It is important to mention that “conventionists" attend 5 days to this meeting, including seven academic-business meetings and EXTEMIN technological fair while “visitors” attend only on specific days. Total number of conventionists plus visitors results in the final figure for participants in this new edition at UNSA.
Interest on PERUMIN 33 also generates a growing demand for lodging in Arequipa. For this reason, the Peruvian Institute of Mining Engineers (IIMP), organizer of this megaevent, created a modern mini-site that offers lodging for rental such as houses, apartments, hotels, motels, retreat houses, boutiques, among others.
These offers were previously verified upon regular standards based on the Regulation for lodging by touristic services provided by the Ministry of External Trade and Tourism (Mincetur). The lodging platform allows you to book an estate according to the requirements such as location, dimensions and characteristics stated by the visitors.
- PERUMIN 33 Mining Convention has become one of the world’s most important mining events where the present situation of the Peruvian mining industry is analysed.
- The megaevent will include 7 academic-business meetings and the Mining Technological Fair (EXTEMIN) that will comprise 1,642 stands to be used by over a thousand suppliers and 15 international delegations.
- According to the Association of Hotels, Restaurants, and Related Businesses of Arequipa (Ahora in Spanish), the White City currently has 800 lodging establishments where we can find five-star hotels, boutique hotels, motels and others.
- Any information regarding PERUMIN can be found in the Press Centre located in the official website www.convencionminera.com as well as in their social network accounts.
Últimas NoticiasSuper User
- Disal: “Innovation is the foundation of the environmental products and services we offer”
- "Peru-Australia FTA will bring great opportunities for the mining industry in both countries”
- MEM: “We aim at creating suitable conditions to develop the mining sector”
- Milpo: “We will present our social and environmental management results at PERUMIN 33”
- Roque Benavides: “PERUMIN shows the decentralizing work of the mining industry”